Wednesday 14 March 2007

Life on Mars and Manchester, 1973

The view to the right is from my bedroom window, Longsight, Manchester, mid 1970s. Coronation Street for real....... :)

My fav TV show, Life on Mars, series 2, Episode 4, featured Strawb's "Lay Down" last night. We reckon that's the biggest TV audience the band have had in modern times (around 6 million)...good stuff. There's a good Forum for the show, lots of lively discussion, including filming locations. Many are very familiar to me, as they are next to the streets where I grew up.....I also had a Mk 3 Cortina once....

The series also partly inspired my song, Where We Are Today

as it reminded me of where I was (and who with...!) in 1972/73...it really is a first class program, definite TV highlight of the week just now.

No comments: